Skip to main content
Lower Auto Insurance Premium
with the SafetyServe Defensive Driving Course
Defensive Driving Course
- Widely accepted by insurance providers for eligible policyholders
- Check with your insurance agent to see if you meet their requirements
- Free printable and watermarked certificate*
- Available in English and Spanish
No Hidden Fees Purchase Course Preview Course
Defensive Driving Course Outline:
What is in it for me?
- Explain what it means to be a defensive driver.
- Define reasonable action and preventable collision.
- Determine your driving profile.
- List the three basic steps in the Defensive Driving Course Collision Prevention Formula.
- Explain the ‘What if?’ strategy.
Ready for the Road
- List the factors that you can control before you start to drive, including your own physical and emotional/mental conditions, as well as your vehicle maintenance.
- Describe the varying physical, emotional and mental conditions of other drivers on the road.
- Explain how to be alert and defensive when sharing the road with these drivers.
- Explain how to drive defensively in conditions beyond your control---- such as light, weather, road conditions and traffic mix.
Don’t add Insult to Injury
- Describe the characteristics of impaired, distracted, fatigued and aggressive drivers.
- Identify actions you can take when you experience or encounter these characteristics on the road.
- Employ techniques to manage your emotions and behavior while driving.
Success on the Road
- List the six most unsafe driving behaviors.
- Describe the hazards involved with each of the unsafe driving behaviors.
- List alternatives to speeding.
- Explain how to safely approach and proceed through intersections.
- Explain how to make safe and legal turns.
- Explain the steps needed to complete a safe pass.
- Determine a safe following distance.
- Apply the Defensive Driving Course Collision Prevention Formula.
- Explain the ‘What If?’ strategy.
- Recognize hazards in collision scenarios.
- Identify standard road sign colors and shapes.
- Identify reasonable steps that might have prevented real-life collisions.
Driving for Life
- List the ten habits of defensive driving.
- Identify personal behaviors and decisions that you will make in future driving situations to avoid collisions and violations.
Be a safer driver in Hawaii with the all new
National Safety Council Defensive Driving Course
The National Safety Council and SafetyServe.com have developed a comprehensive online driving course that is approved in many states for ticket dismissal, point reduction and insurance premium savings. Available in English and Spanish.
As of today the state of Hawaii has not officially approved the course; however the National Safety Council Defensive Driving Course may satisfy a court requirement, qualify for insurance premium reductions or satisfy a condition of employment. Please check with your court, insurance provider or employer for details.
The course offers state-of-the-art animations, has an adaptive curriculum and provides the most engaging interactive experience. The bookmark feature allows students to log in and out as many times as necessary to complete the course.
A printable certificate will be available upon successful completion of your Course, you will be asked to verify your mailing address, once verified, a personalized official watermarked Certificate of Completion from the National Safety Council will be mailed to you the following business day. If you require your official certificate sooner please contact Customer Service at 800-775-1484 for alternate delivery options. Purchase Course Preview Course