Learning to drive defensively just got easier.
Online Defensive Driving
Defensive driving is easier and more economical because the National Safety Council and SafetyServe have developed an updated online defensive driving course based on proven content from the prestigious National Safety Council. Since 1964 more than 68 million drivers have learned to protect themselves and their families with courses featuring the most comprehensive, in-depth driver training curriculum based on the instructor-led courses from the NSC.
Defensive Driving Course Outline:
It’s All About Choices
- Explain what it means to be a defensive driver.
- Define reasonable action and preventable collision.
- Determine your driving profile.
- List the three basic steps in the Defensive Driving Course Collision Prevention Formula
- Explain the ‘What if?’ strategy.
Ready For The Road
- List the factors that you can control before you start to drive, including your own physical and emotional/mental conditions, as well as vehicle maintenance.
- Describe the varying physical, emotional and mental conditions of other drivers on the road.
- Explain how to be alert and defensive when sharing the road with these drivers.
- Explain how to drive defensively in conditions beyond your control—such as light, weather, road conditions and traffic mix.
Don’t Add Insult To Injury
- Describe the characteristics of impaired, distracted, fatigued and aggressive drivers.
- Identify actions you can take when you experience or encounter these characteristics on the road.
- Employ techniques to manage your emotions and behavior while driving.
Success On The Road
- List the six most unsafe driving behaviors.
- Describe the hazards involved with each of the unsafe driving behaviors.
- List alternatives to speeding.
- Explain how to safely approach and proceed through intersections.
- Explain how to make safe and legal turns.
- Explain the steps needed to complete a safe pass.
- Determine a safe following distance.
- Apply the Defensive Driving Course Collision Prevention Formula.
- Explain the ‘What If?’ strategy.
- Recognize the hazards in collision scenarios.
- Identify standard road signs colors and shapes.
- Identify reasonable steps that might have prevented real-life collisions.
Driving For Life
- List the ten habits of defensive driving.
- Identify personal behaviors and decisions you will make in future driving situations to avoid collisions and violations.
A Mobile Responsive, Hi-Quality, Hi-Tech Course
The Defensive Driving Course uses state-of-the-art animation, sound and graphics in an engaging, interactive learning environment where students analyze real driving situations, spot driving hazards and identify and execute the correct defenses. The convenient bookmark feature offers the ability to log in and out of the course as often as you like to accommodate your schedule.
A printable certificate will be available upon successful completion of your Course, you will be asked to verify your mailing address, once verified, a personalized official watermarked Certificate of Completion from the National Safety Council will be mailed to you the following business day. If you require your official certificate sooner please contact Customer Service at 800-775-1484 for alternate delivery