Frequently Asked Questions
REGISTERING AND PURCHASING THE COURSE
Visit our insurance page to see participating auto insurance providers. Even if your provider is not listed you may still be eligible to receive a discount based on your state.
Choose your state under ‘Traffic Ticket Dismissal’ on the SafetyServe homepage to find out more information about regulations in a certain state.
SafetyServe will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to others.
100% Money Back Guarantee Policy: As the leader in our industry, we know what it takes to ensure your satisfaction and if you’re not satisfied for any reason within 30 days of purchase and before course completion, we’ll give you a full refund on your course. It’s that easy!
In most cases, yes.
What are the recommend practices if I take the course on my tablet or smartphone?
To optimize your experience, we recommend:
- Do NOT use a data connection. Make sure that you are using a strong Wi-Fi connection to view this rich, multimedia content.
- Turn off ALL notifications for email/calls/texts/updates.
- Do NOT leave the course unattended. If you want to make a call or send an email or text, please EXIT the course properly FIRST. When ready to continue, return to the home page (for your account) and click on user login/returning student to log in again.
- DO NOT use the refresh button when in the course. If the course stalls, due to a phone notification, poor internet, just close your browser window and go back to the home page and log in again as a returning user.
How long is the course?
Due to state and insurance requirements, the course length will vary. Generally speaking – most of the defensive driving courses take around 4 to 5 hours to complete. All of our courses have a bookmark feature which allows the course to be taken in increments at your convenience. The NY course is 6 hours long and also may be completed in increments. More specific information will be available when you select your state and/or course.
How long do I have to complete the course?
This will vary from state to state. When you click on ‘purchase course’ and before you enter your credit card information, you will see how long the course will be available to access once the purchase is complete.
There are multiple people in my family taking this course, can we share one account?
Only one certificate can be issued for each account. Thus every family member taking the course must have his or her own SafetyServe account.
I’m trying to register and keep receiving this error message: “The Login ID you entered has already been taken, please try again…” What’s wrong?
It’s possible that someone else has already registered using the same Login ID. If you have not registered before, you will need to create a more unique login ID.
I’ve forgotten my password. How do I log in?
On the login page is a link “Forgot your ID or password?” Click that link to find out what your options are for retrieving your password. If the link is not available, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to send the request.
I have a question about billing or about my credit card transaction. Who do I contact?
Please contact us through email (email@example.com) with your questions.
TAKING THE COURSE
I am stuck in certain part of the course and cannot move forward. What do I do next?
This may be due to the offline content cached by your browser. It’s recommended that you flush your local cache and try the course again.
How do I view my progress and test scores?
- Go to www.safetyserve.com.
- Click on Returning Student (or User Login) and log in to SafetyServe.
- On the left-hand menu, click Progress.
- The course you purchased should be displayed on the main page.
AFTER THE COURSE
I believe I’ve found a mistake in the course. Who should I report this to for correction? I’d like to contact SafetyServe with feedback suggesting some improvements. How do I do that?
On the left navigation bar, in your account, you will find a feedback link. From this page, you can fill up the form and submit question. Otherwise, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your comments or suggestions. Please include specific information regarding the course (Name of the Course, Session Number, Page Title, etc.).
I need another copy or a replacement of my certificate. What do I need to do?
If you need to request another copy (with the same course completion date), please contact our helpline directly at 1-800-775-1484 for assistance. Additional fee ($10.00) may apply.
How soon can I get my certificate?
Information about the certificate process will vary depending on course, state/ jurisdiction and other factors. Please click on your state for or course for additional information.
If the certificate is mailed, it will be mailed out within two business days of your request. If you require your NSC Certificate of Completion sooner, call Customer Service at 1-800-775-1484 with your credit card information to request one of the services* listed below.
- Next Day Air (Original Certificate) $45.00
- Second Day (Original Certificate) Air $30.00
- Fax or Email $10.00
(Please note: The fax copy will print as a Void copy to prevent illegal reproduction of certificates. Please verify that the organization will accept a fax copy as proof of completion)
* Orders received after 1:00PM EST will be processed the following business day.
* We are not responsible for delays that are out of our control, such as, severe weather delays, or transportation problems. We can request a delivery without signature, however, final discretion for that request is up to the driver. HOLIDAYS AND SHIPPING: Commercial shippers (i.e., UPS/FEDEX) do not deliver or ship on major Holidays like Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving. Our office will be closed on those days as well. Please plan accordingly when you place your order and when you are deciding to ship Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air. Please count Business days only for shipping time. UPS/FEDEX do not count weekends and holidays, when they are calculating the days that it takes to deliver a package from the day they pick it up.